May 21, 2020
Easy-peasy smoothie bowl for any time of the day!
Why smoothies? Smoothies are a great way to concentrate an enormous amount of fruit and veggies that would normally take a lot of chewing. In this liquified form, you are still getting all the fiber, fats, and protein needed for healthy development and digestion. For more about Pediatric Nutrition, follow Amy Fan MD | Pediatrician (@dr.amy.peds) • Instagram photos and videos. Amy is the Founder of Kinder, and a trusted source in our SolBe community.
Recipe of the Day: Blueberry & Banana Bowl
You will need
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 additional banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (any berry works great, frozen gives you the best texture)
- 2 TBSP nut butter or sun butter
- 2 dates
- ½ cup granola
- Protein powder (I like hemp protein for 3y/o+)
- 2 stalks of kale
- 2 ½ cups of milk (I prefer oat milk, full fat)
- Rip the kale in small pieces for easier blending.
- In your blender, add frozen bananas, blueberries, dates, protein powder, milk, and kale.
- Blender for 25-30 seconds with high-speed blender like a vita-mix. In a standard home blender, blend for 60 seconds, (you may need a little more milk)
- Pour smoothie into bowl
- Slice banana
- Decorate your bowl! Encourage the kiddos to get involved with topping the smoothie bowl of their dreams! Use the nut butter, granola, and banana. Get crazy and grab shredded coconut, sprinkles, chocolate chips, fresh berries or anything else you have in the pantry. Yum!
Most important direction, as always: HAVE FUN!
More resources to follow in the coming days. Feedback and more ideas welcome!
Above all, be well and stay healthy!